Parkland Medical Center:
Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, we're proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
Nurse Practitioner Part-Time No Weekends
Assess the health status of employees by obtaining health histories, perform physical examinations, post injury examinations and establish treatment plans under the supervision of the Medical Director of Occupational Health Services.
Perform various specialized examinations (e.g., return-to-work examinations, disability scar measurement evaluations and tonometric screenings).
Coordinate activities pertaining to pre-placement examinations, working in cooperation with occupational health physician, nurse clinicians, applicable Personnel Department employees and client company personnel. Perform the monitoring of additional requested screenings (e.g., pulmonary function tests, urine drug screens and interpretation of results and appropriate follow up of abnormal findings).
Assess and refer employee health problems to applicable health care and related resources both within and outside the facility.
Support the Medical Director and/or designated physicians, in developing, implementing and maintaining the Occupational Health Service, but not limited to:
- Maintaining a current working knowledge of OSHA standards and requirements;
- Establishing personal contacts with both contracted and non contracted area companies;
- Serving as a liaison and resource person between applicable area companies;
- Maintaining an accurate, professional and confidential medical record system;
- Consulting with area client companies in evaluating and recommending various preventive medical and educational programs pertinent to their employee needs; and
- Providing the follow-through to problems and inquiries of client area companies.
Work in cooperation with the Infection Control Department regarding reporting, surveying, screening, and, as appropriate, implementing programs pertaining to prevention or spread of infectious disease. Carry out and coordinate a variety of health care prevention measures for hospital employees including screening programs, immunizations, skin tests, flu vaccinations, etc. in cooperation with Occupational Health Service physicians.
Compile, prepare and present monthly statistics and reports as needed within the areas of position responsibilities to Medical Director and Program Director. Assist in budget preparation and monitoring for the Occupational Health Service as well as for the contracted companies, as requested. As necessary, assist in developing and revising policies related to Occupational Health.
Attend meetings, discussions, conferences, seminars and workshops, both within and outside the OHS.
Protect the confidentiality of information within areas of position responsibilities by preventing unauthorized release, both verbally and/or in writing.
Promote a continuous effort in quality improvement, enhancing the services provided to patients, their families, physicians and members of the OHS staff by demonstrating positive attitudes and positive actions through a display of courtesy, congeniality, cooperation, sensitivity and professionalism.
Observe all health and safety requirements.
Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed.
Support the theme of service excellence as part of job related activities.
- 3-5 years of NP experience is required.
- Certification from national accrediting body to practice as a Nurse Practitioner.
- AANP or ANCC certification to practice in an expanded role
- Adult primary/community care licensed practitioner in the State of NH.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program with MS degree.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom