In Home Assessment Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Visiting Physicians Association, a national leader in delivering home based primary care, works with home health and hospice agencies to ensure patients receive continuity of care in the home environment. VPA in-home physicians collaborate with agencies to establish in-home treatment plans and certify the need for services. VPA partners with over 1,000 home health agencies, collaborates with independent and assisted living communities, and works with skilled nursing facilities and hospitals nationally to coordinate services and patient transitions to home care.
Picture yourself as a part of a health system that offers you every tool to support the stability and health of your medically complex patients. Now picture yourself outside the walls of a hospital. You are seeing yourself as a Nurse Practitioner with VPA. Our experience with the IAH Demonstration and having our own ACO sets us apart as leaders in Shared Savings.
We are currently looking for providers in the Corpus Christi, TX
area to join our team. Benefits include:
- Competitive pay per visit
- NEW Annual ACO Shared Saving BONUS
- A+ rated Malpractice Coverage with tail coverage
- No holidays, no hospital rounds
- More quality, face-to-face interaction with patients and families
- EMR with dedicated training and support staff
Join a team with every resource to give patients the best possible care in their home. With a full complement of home based healthcare services.
VPA has been in practice for over 20 years and is currently operating out of over 40 offices across 12 states. We are the largest home based primary care practice in the Nation and making a huge impact in healthcare today!
Learn more about changes we are making in patients' lives here. https://visitingphysicians.com/whats-new/u-s-medical-management-improves-health-reduces-costs-for-homebound-elderly-in-cms-independence-at-home-demonstration/ POSITION DESCRIPTION
The IHA NP will be responsible for performing Health Risk Assessments and possibly transitional care for patients discharged from hospitals to prevent readmissions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Conduct comprehensive in-home health risk assessment to identify all active and chronic disease conditions as well as determine all physical, mental and social needs present at the time of the visit.
- Educate and counsel patient and family on any conditions identified during assessment and screening procedures.
- Make recommendations and communicate findings to Primary Care Physicians through documentation of outcomes.
- Performing follow up visits in transitional care
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Current RN and NP licensure in state of practice
- Current CPR certification
- Must be enrolled in both Medicare & Medicaid
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.