OU CHILDREN'S EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT NURSE PRACTITIONER Full Time Day Position General Description:
Under direction of a physician, provides primary care to patients with medical conditions ranging from general to complex. Essential Responsibilities:
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS: Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required:
- Performs patient evaluations through physical exam, patient history and review of laboratory results in collaboration with physicians
- Assesses patients to assist physician in determining a diagnosis and treatment plan
- Documents information in patient medical record
- Provides educational information to patient and family regarding the patient's condition when appropriate to the patient's needs
- When the situation is of a complex medical nature, consults and collaborates with medical staff and specialty services to establish continuity of quality care to patients
- Assists with the educational activities for the staff.
- May prescribe or administer medications under physician direction and in accordance with Oklahoma State Laws
Possession of a valid Oklahoma nursing license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing AND
a Certificate of Recognition for Practice as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner from the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing.
Will accept a temporary Certificate of Recognition for Practice provided a permanent certificate is obtained within 12 months of employment; BLS upon hire. **Pediatric Experience Preferred**
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom