Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) - Cardiovascular Schedule: PRN Medical City Hospital - Dallas Valve Institute Nurse Practitioner - Cardiovascular
Responsible for coordinating all aspects of care coordination for the Dallas Valve
About Medical City Hospital Dallas
- Collaborate with Cardiovascular MDs , NPs and research partners.
- Act as a liaison for evaluating and developing patient-centered care for the structural heart disease population.
- Develop clinical protocols derived from evidence-based research for patient therapies.
- Monitor clinical outcomes, identify quality analysis needs, contribute to quality guidelines in collaboration with ACC and STS guidelines.
- Provide community outreach opportunities for staff, physicians and rural educational.
- Provide daily oversight of clinic operations and staff.
- Development of internal database to monitor patient outcomes, research opportunities and financial stewardship.
- Provide patient follow-up in clinic in coordination with
Medical City Hospital Dallas is a very "special" medical center located in far North Dallas that is designed with the health and well-being of the entire family. Prevention of disease is our focus, but treatment, when necessary is by some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. In fact, patients travel to Medical City from over 75 countries and from all over the United States for the sophisticated treatment offered by some of its 400 in-house physician specialists....where they have access to the latest and most sophisticated technology. Over 95 different medical and surgical sub-specialists are housed within the "City". Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission's highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States. Why work for HCA:
Click the Link to find out more about our Benefits and what our employees have to say about working with Medical City.Qualifications: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master's degree in nursing.
- Graduate from an accredited Clinical Nurse Specialist and or Nurse Practitioner Program
- 3 years of advanced practice nurse experience preferred
- Prior Cardiovascular experience with clinic oversight preferred
- Certification in specialty
- Strong Clinical experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Current RN license in the State of Texas
- Current APRN license in the State of Texas or Certification for Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Certification as an ACNP by the ANCC and/or the AANP if Nurse Practitioner
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider card
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire
- Previous experience in complex clinical settings that required coordination of multiple series in a multidisciplinary fashion
- Previous experience in academic and community teaching preferred
- Advanced physical and psychosocial assessment of the complex cardiovascular patient population
- Critical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently; ability to interpret laboratory and radiographic data
- Ability to work collaboratively through consultation with other healthcare team providers
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom