Rio Grande Regional Hospital - McAllen, TX Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Family Practice Clinic
Founded in 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (RGRH)
, an HCA-affiliated facility, is proud of maintaining its status as one of the leading healthcare providers in the Rio Grande Valley. For nearly 33 years, we have remained focused and committed to providing quality healthcare to all members of our community.
With 320 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties, we offer a range of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and specialty services, including:
Rio Grande Regional Hospital
- 24-hour emergency roomLevel III Trauma Center
- Comprehensive cardiovascular care
- 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
is currently looking for a Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Family Practice Clinic Responsibilities:
- The Advanced Nurse Practitioner (NP) is an advanced practice registered nurse who provides primary care to deliver family-focused care.
- They practice in an expanded role to provide healthcare wellness and prevention to individuals, families and \or groups in a variety of settings including but not limited to homes, institutions, and private clinics.
- Coordinates patient care in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team around the family unit; from health promotion and disease prevention to direct care and counseling across the lifespan.
- Performs medical assessments including history and physical assessments and consults with physician regarding findings/changes in patient condition.
- Assists and provides consultation in the preparation of capital and operational budget reports. Assists with implementing protocols and policies for scope of practice.
- Maintains professional growth and development through attendance at professional conferences, symposia, and through ongoing continuing education
- The Advanced Nurse Practitioner (NP), must be able to obtain patient histories and perform physical examinations.
- Order and /or perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; understand the changes in health throughout the aging process; develop and implement a treatment plan for acute and chronic diseases; monitor the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions.
- Skills in direct delivery of clinical care, and the ability to work with all levels of the multidisciplinary team to continuously improve process to enhance patient outcomes.
- Able to communicate effectively and respond appropriately to changes in patient condition.
- Strong problem solving skills, good organizational skills, and communications skills to offering counseling and education to meet patient needs are necessary.
- Master's of Science Degree in Nursing required
- Obstetric (OB) experience preferred.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Texas.
- Advance Nurse Practitioner recognition by Texas Board of Nurse Examiners or Evidence of Texas State Board of Medical Examiners recognition as a Physician Assistant.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom