Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Nurse Technician (PCA) - Mother Baby
Since 1983, Cypress Fairbank Medical Center has offered a wide array of health services and specialties. At Cy-Fair Hospital, you'll find 24-hour emergency care, a Primary Stroke Center, an accredited Chest Pain Center, pediatric care, bariatrics, ob-gyn services and more.
Cy-Fair Hospital works to meet the community's needs with four emergency rooms at the hospital and three offsite, as well as two urgent care facilities offering night and weekend hours. Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center
is looking for a Nurse Technician (PCA) - Mother Baby . Responsibilities:
- The Nurse Technician or Patient Care Assistant performs secretarial functions consistent with good patient care and in accordance with the policies, procedures and standards of the facility.
- The Nurse Technician or Patient Care Assistant facilitates the overall operation of the nursing unit and is directly involved with care of the hospitalized patient under the direction of the RN/LVN.
- The Nurse Technician or Patient Care Assistant duties include, but are not limited to, transcribing orders, maintaining par levels of supplies, answering multi-line phones, paging, and transporting of specimens.
- The Nurse Technician or Patient Care Assistant maintains the permanent medical record.
- The Nurse Technician or Patient Care Assistant utilizes minimal stimulation when interacting with others.
- The Nurse Technician or Patient Care Assistant performs additional tasks/activities as assigned.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- 6 months experience as a hospital unit secretary preferred
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Computer skills required with transcribing of orders.
- Flexible and adaptable to a wide range of tasks.
- Customer service skills required in working with a variety of staff and physicians.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom