Clear Lake Regional Medical Center - Webster, TX
Position - Nurse Technician General Surgery Unit
Shift: 7a - 7p (rotating weekends)
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center , where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Cente r include:
• Breast Diagnostic Center
• Cancer care
• Diabetes management
• Level III emergency department
• ACR-accredited imaging center
• One-on-one therapy
• Neuroscience and neurology
• Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
• Wound treatment center
• Women's and Children's Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center , a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities , opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties - more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is looking for a Nurse Technician, General Surgery Unit.
This job Description provides criteria for evaluation of the Nurse Technician (NT) working in a staff position. The NT provides care for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients.
• Performs patient care functions in compliance with hospital policies and procedures:
• Assists patients with activities of daily living.
• Assists with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
• Assists in admitting, transferring, and discharging of patients.
• Assists with management of supplies and equipment.
• Keeps licensed nurse informed of patient activities/changes in condition.
• Routinely performs venipunctures for laboratory specimens.
• Responds in a customer friendly atmosphere.
• Answers call lights and refers to licensed nurse, as needed.
• Responsible for physical appearance of the nursing unit.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Previous Nurse Tech experience
• Certification with the State of Texas as a CNA
• Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom