As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists. Trauma Stepdown Unit:
- 34 private rooms with bedside monitoring
- Level 2 Trauma
- Primary Stroke Certified
- Fast paced unit with great team work fostering a family friendly environment
- Multicultural staff with diverse patient population
- Flexible scheduling with unlimited learning opportunities
- Invested management team supportive of individual career development
The Nurse Tech will perform care under the direction of the unit Registered Nurse and Nursing Leadership Team. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to the cardiac/medicine patient under the direction of the professional nurse.
- Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient and departmental safety.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Uses computer proficiently.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using the cardiac monitoring system.
- Promotes fiscal responsibility and supports the goals and objectives of the units, department, and organization.
Check us out and Like Us on Facebook!Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Current enrollment in accredited RN nursing program with successful completion of at least one clinical rotation. Theoretical instruction combined with clinical experience (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Successful completion of a Nursing Fundamentals Course (for RN student nurses). Recent computer experience- data entry and retrieval. Experience with medical terminology. Satisfactory reference from last employer or vocational school (required)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom