Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. Located in the city of Live Oak at Interstate 35 and Judson Road, Northeast Methodist Hospital has undergone major renovations to upgrade and expand the facility and services to better meet the needs of this area. The expansion facilitated advanced services in 24-hour emergency, surgical, cardiovascular (three cardiac cath labs with electrophysiology capabilities) units, a spacious intensive care unit and inpatient rehabilitation services. A new orthopedic service has recently been implemented - The Joint Replacement Academy - offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. Northeast Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center.
What sets us apart is that we recognize and value the unique needs of each of our patients. It is a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Many of our patients find that our staff is among the friendliest group of people you will meet.
Ours is a hospital that is patient-focused and staffed by health care experts who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It is our promise-as part of Methodist Healthcare's mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God. Job Summary:
The Nursing Administrator provides leadership, consultation, and support for the patient service areas during designated shifts. This position provides administrative continuity to staff, patients, families and visitors while acting as a liaison for the administrator on-call and the Nursing Management team.
Essential Job Functions :
1. Accurately assesses the needs of the Nursing Department and the patients served and facilitates obtaining ancillary services response and/or needed resources in situations affecting the optimal delivery of patient care.
2. Participates in and supports the development and actualization of the Department of Nursing's goals. Assists in communicating the philosophy and expectation of the Department of Nursing.
3. Serves as a communication liaison between the administrator on-call and nursing management, staff, patients, families, and visitors.
4. Provides on-site leadership, direction, and support for the operational management of patient service areas during designated shiftQualifications: Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
- Education: Graduate of ONE of the following:
A. Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program
B. Associates in Nursing degree program
C. Nursing Diploma program
2. Experience: ALL
of the following:
- Three years clinical RN experience
- Three years supervisory/management experience
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Master degree in nursing or related field Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required
RN with current license to practice professional nursing in Texas
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom