PRN as needed
HCA - Fort Walton Beach Medical Center seeks to hire a Student Nurse
in Surgical Care who will embrace our mission where we are committed to the care an improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve.Facility Profile:
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed hospital located in Fort Walton Beach in the panhandle of Northwest Florida. With a medical staff of over 200 physicians, it is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also has a psychiatric treatment center, and advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and neonatal intensive care units. In addition to these disease specific services, the medical center has emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express Care. POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of a registered nurse, provides patient care and clerical/receptionist duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of FWBMC. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Assists with patient care, to include activities of daily living, vital signs, monitoring of intake and output and patient transport. Assists with ADLs based in the patient condition, including mobility, patient transfer, bathing, toileting, feeding, skin care, oral care, etc.
- Organizes, monitors and documents patient care activities then communicates activities with the nurse.
- Demonstrates an understanding of patient charts, physician orders and nursing orders. Is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment. Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts.
- Other duties as assigned.
• High School or equivalency preferred
• Completion of Freshman curriculum and Freshman nursing skills as a nursing student in an ADN or BSN program (or comparable curriculum) required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
• BLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• Acute care experience preferred
• Arrhythmia recognition skills preferred for positions in Telemetry or Emergency Department SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Read and writes Basic English
• Knowledge of body substance isolation
• Ability to use a computer, typewriter and calculator
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.