We are seeking a Nursing Supervisor to join the Central Resource staff at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
At Johnston-Willis Hospital, we have been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years, which means our patients can depend on our experience to provide the exceptional care they need. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care-through the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital-as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
The Nursing Supervisor performs care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and Director. The Nursing Supervisor:
- Provides leadership in the absence of hospital and other administrative staff.
- Assures all staff demonstrates appropriate professional behaviors.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by assuring appropriate departmental staffing utilization.
- Communicates effectively.
- Strives to promote satisfaction of patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Problem solves and delegates effectively.
- Responds appropriately to potential and/or actual emergency situations with direct and appropriate actions.
- Participates in clinical nursing activities as necessary.
- Evaluates staff on an on-going basis to identify strengths and areas for growth.
- Assures compliance with professional, regulatory, governmental and organizational standards.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- 5 years current nursing experience (required)
- 2 years of demonstrated leadership experience (required)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom