The (Nursing Support Multi-skilled)
position performs a variety of delegated tasks under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in two or more of the following positions: Patient Care Assistant, Unit Clerk, and Cardiac Monitor Tech. This position assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the individual's training, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel (Rule 224.6). Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked, and safe patient environment. Essential Job Functions
Qualifications: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Signs all applicable job descriptions of positions performed and consistently fulfills the essential job functions of those positions.
- Maintains training, competence, and skills for all nursing support positions performed.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform any roles needed by the department or facility.
- Individuals must meet the education, experience, and license/certification/registration requirements for each job function performed.
: EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- PCA & Unit Secretary/ PCA & Cardiac Monitor Tech/ PCA & Unit Secretary & Cardiac Monitor Tech:
- Certified Nurse's Aide and/or Emergency Medical Technician certification (preferred)
- Patient Care Assistant, Unit Secretary, and/or Cardiac Monitor Tech experience (preferred)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom