Methodist Texsan Hospital excels in nearly all aspects of advanced cardiovascular services and is equipped with dedicated operating room suites and five functional heart catheterization labs. Orthopedic services, which include the famed Joint Replacement Academy, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital's 30-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the newest in the community and takes a team approach to providing excellent rehabilitative care for its patients. The emergency room is full-service and its board-certified emergency medicine doctors work hard for the right clinical diagnosis who strive to take care of patients quickly and efficiently.
Methodist Texsan Hospital is licensed for 120 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Chest Pain Certification . The hospital has also been recognized among Modern Healthcare Magazine's Best Places to Work in Healthcare. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Texsan Hospital under Locations.
The (Nursing Support Multi-skilled)
position performs a variety of delegated tasks under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in two or more of the following positions: Patient Care Assistant, Unit Clerk, and Cardiac Monitor Tech. This position assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the individual's training, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel (Rule 224.6). Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked, and safe patient environment. Essential Job Functions
Qualifications: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Signs all applicable job descriptions of positions performed and consistently fulfills the essential job functions of those positions.
- Maintains training, competence, and skills for all nursing support positions performed.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform any roles needed by the department or facility.
- Individuals must meet the education, experience, and license/certification/registration requirements for each job function performed.
: EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- PCA & Unit Secretary/ PCA & Cardiac Monitor Tech/ PCA & Unit Secretary & Cardiac Monitor Tech:
- Certified Nurse's Aide and/or Emergency Medical Technician certification (preferred)
- Patient Care Assistant, Unit Secretary, and/or Cardiac Monitor Tech experience (preferred)
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom