Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity. Responsibilities:
Plan and implement nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and wellness within the campus community, including providing nutrition information for on-campus dining locations, counseling individuals, providing nutrition-related services to individuals and groups, and developing handouts and other materials to support nutritional programming.
- Consult with chefs regarding on-campus dining menus, making recommendations and providing nutritional information as needed
- Provide online and on-site nutritional information for on-campus dining locations
- Assess and analyze nutritional needs, taking into consideration dietary practices, body composition, energy balance (intake and expenditure), and medical history of client to develop and implement nutrition plans
- Counsel individuals on optimal nutrition based on needs and goals, providing personalized meal and snack plans to promote achievement of short- and long-term goals and good health
- Provide medical nutrition therapy, as needed, to help manage or treat medical conditions (particularly with regard to food allergies and eating disorders)
- Collaborate with physicians, coaches, and other health and fitness professionals, as appropriate
- Develop resources to support educational efforts
- Provide group education sessions
- Plan and implement campus-wide health and wellness initiatives
- Develop and oversee nutrition policies and procedures
- Document nutrition services provided and evaluate the effectiveness of nutrition strategies toward meeting desired outcomes using the Nutrition Care Process
- Serve as a nutrition resource for students, faculty, and staff
- Maintain dietetics registration and continuing education requirements
- Stay abreast of current food, nutrition, and health issues and research
- Bachelor's degree in clinical nutrition, food and nutrition, or related area, granted from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in nutritional counseling preferred.
- Certification/License: Registered Dietitian with active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association; Certification/Licensure as required by state of practice.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.