JOB TITLE - Nutrition Care Assistant STATUS: Part Time GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES -
Culinary Patient Service Center serves as the primary contact for patients, family members and nursing staff seeking to submit patient requests and preferences for food, beverages and meal services, as well as those seeking to resolve foodservice issues and concerns. The Culinary Concierge functions in the division culinary patient call center, assuring a high level of customer service and patient satisfaction. The position works as part of the culinary concierge team, processing patient meal requests and completing diet office report processes. The Culinary Concierge answers calls, processes requests and enters required information into the patient's meal record in Computrition Nutrition Care Management system (NCM).
The Culinary Concierge will establish rapport with customers in efforts to develop confidence in Food and Nutrition Services and will relate to issues with empathy and urgency while focusing on customer relationships with timely follow up.
Each Culinary Concierge is responsible for answering and logging all incoming customer communications via telephone, email and/or fax, identifying or trouble-shooting potential issues and rectifying problems in a courteous and timely manner.
The Culinary Concierge is expected to maintain general competencies specific to all aspects of Patient Foodservice, including patient menus, diet order restrictions, and meal service timeframes for assigned facilities. SUPERVISOR -
Manager, Culinary Patient Call Center SUPERVISES -
N/A KEY INTERACTIONS -
Market clinical nutrition directors, culinary service team, facility patient service managers, and FANS division purchasing analyst/Computrition system administrator. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Answer calls in centralized call center for patient foodservice throughout the division, assuring appropriate and timely processing of patient food/beverage requests.
- Complete assigned duties in the culinary patient call center, providing services that meet the needs of patients and the division, company and regulatory standards.
- Assure timely and accurate processing of all meal orders, tray tickets, and diet office reports.
- Identify, trouble-shoot and resolve issues presented by customers in a timely manner.
- Notify Manager or on-duty lead of any unresolved issue and request assistance as necessary.
- Demonstrate service excellence principles in all interactions with patients, family members and caregivers. Assure patient safety, dignity and privacy at all times.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality regarding patients according to policy and procedures.
- Establish and maintain rapport through effective communication and timely follow-up with customers, coworkers, management, and outside agencies.
- Produce monthly meal count reports and provide to manager and enter for month-end reporting for assigned facilities.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for professional development.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement" as well as the Supply Chain "Core Values".
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Judgment - Makes decisions based upon job knowledge and experience. Considers all impacted areas in decision process. Seeks advice where applicable. Judgment sensible and reliable.
- Interpersonal Skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Meditech, Business Objects, team rooms, and discipline-specific food management, diet office and point of sale applications, (Computrition), purchasing vendor applications and others as required
- Basic Skills - able to perform mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Associate Degree or higher in related field preferred
- Experience in hospital foodservice required, with 2-3 years diet office or customer service or related experience. Previous experience in healthcare patient foodservice and/or call center environment preferred.
- Knowledge of modified diets, foodservice and culinary activities and duties, terminology and nomenclature preferred.
- Computer experience with all aspects of food service to include but not limited to Diet Office and/or Call Center processes preferred.
N/A PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS -
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports. Work is typically performed in an office environment, but may occasionally be in kitchen environments in hospital or vendor facilities. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom