Lead with us as you provide expert and practical nutrition guidance to build and defend business opportunities.
In your role as a Nutrition Scientist, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Supporting nutrition science based strategies and guidelines domestically and globally
- Working under guidance in cross-functional teams including other nutrition scientists, marketing, quality, scouts and product development to find innovative nutrition science-based solutions to guide concept and message development
- Designing nutrition research, including writing protocols, overseeing the study through its completion, managing the study timeline and budget, and preparing final reports and manuscripts as needed
- Preparing substantiation documents to support claims, messaging and advertising
- Providing nutrition support to the communications team for press releases and messaging
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with consultants, professional organizations, academic colleagues, and government agencies
- Attending, participating, and influencing outcomes of scientific conferences
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed on scientific matters, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Nutrition, food and/or health science background with a PhD in human nutrition, nutritional biochemistry, nutritional physiology, nutritional epidemiology, behavioral science or similar scientific field
- Experience managing clinical trial research
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Practical knowledge of the food industry
- Recognized as an expert in the field of nutrition, as evidenced by publications, presentations and memberships
Travel is required up to 20% of the time.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish
A little about us: