Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Maintain and Grow sales of CAPS services and BBraun Nutrition products (CAPS, base and specialty nutrition, Pinnacle, APEX, TPN Compounding disposables, and TPN Manager) by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Direct the selling efforts and account management for existing CAPS locations in assigned territory.
- Motivate and coach selling efforts of BBraun sales representatives as it relates to positioning CAPS and BBraun Nutrition.
- Develop expansion market opportunities through direct involvement in presentations and consultative sales efforts with customers and BBraun sales teams.
- Collaborate and interface with CAPS operations to plan and implement new business opportunities.
- Oversee CAPS implementations as needed.
- Call on all key personnel who are decision makers in the sales process, such as Pharmacy, Dietitians, Nursing, Administrators and Purchasing Executives, Physicians, etc.
- Solidify/upgrade business base to achieve 100% of sales quota.
- Perform favorably to territory Operating Expense budget.
- Maintain relationships with internal B.Braun and CAPS departments, i.e., Marketing, Technical Services, Customer Service, CAPS Operations, QA, IT, HR and Finance.
- Sign and re-sign contractual obligations with customers.
- Compare competitive proposals and offer bids to customers.
- Conduct demos and in-services for pharmacy and other applicable staff as necessary.
- Retrieve and return defective products from customers.
- Facilitate formulary acceptance, if needed.
- Serve as a clinical resource to customers and peers.
- Represent B.Braun at product fairs and conventions, as needed.
- Communicate comprehensive and efficient hospital reports to management as directed.
- Maintain weekly expense reports.
- Maintain accurate customer records and follow up letters
- Maintain customer contact information electronically in Saleforce.com and other applicable BBraun and CAPS database programs.
- Respond in a timely manner to all communications; written, voice-mail and e-mail.
- Coordinate with BBraun team members to facilitate sales of non-pharmacy B.Braun products.
- Travel to all areas in sales territory inclusive of required meeting and training classes.
- Strong knowledge of B.Braun's I.V products and services.
- Strong knowledge of competitor's products and services.
- Strong understanding of hospital structure and role of personnel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the healthcare market place/trends.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills / ability to collect and analyze financial data.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to initiate projects and tasks with little or no direction.
- Ability to make decisions independently, sometimes without many facts available, to solve a customer problem or concern.
- Ability to work well independent of supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate other group's activities to meet deadlines that produce desired results.
- Professional image.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Three years of successful sales or marketing experience in a healthcare environment.
- Good computer aptitude-word processing and spreadsheets.
- Previous experience in IV, Pharmacy, clinical nutrition or related business.
- Overnight business travel (domestic).
- Valid driver's license and current automobile registration and insurance.
- Contract management and negotiation skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
- Successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
- Enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.