has an exciting opportunity in our CHS Nutrition group. We are looking for a Nutritionist
to provide advice and information on animal nutrition as well as designing and evaluating the diets of a variety of species. You must be self-motivated, customer focused, and a goal orientated nutritionist with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Work with feed consultants and customers to understand customer targets and objectives to better market and sell feed products.
- Evaluate nutritional value of feeds and feed supplements for commercial animals, equine, and lifestyle species.
- Formulate diets and rations to maximize growth, reproduction, health and/or performance.
- Investigate nutritional disorders and the safe storage of feed, often in conjunction with a veterinarian.
- Support feed consultants in answering ration balancing, animal health and regulatory compliance questions.
- Provide timely and thorough responses to Nutrition Hotline calls.
- Create and distribute newsletter and beef bench market statistics.
- Attend dealer and customer meetings to speak on industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Develop new products and review research material on topics such as the effectiveness of dietary regimes.
- Maintain expertise in nutritional trends and keep up to date with regulatory changes.
- Expand existing animal food products and develop new ones.
- Monitor feed formulations to meet quality performance and animal health standards.
- Use Dalex software to formulate diets, conduct research and generate reports.
- Train feed consultants in the use of Dalex.
- Identify and implement software improvements.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Ph.D. in Animal Science or Physiology, Ruminant Nutrition focus, preferable cow/calf and beef feedlot
- Knowledge of cattle, sheep and other species
- Knowledge of regulatory mandates affecting the feed industry and the end user
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work extended hours and travel up to 50% of the time
- 2 years of experience in animal nutrition
- Experience with Dalex feed formulation software
- Knowledge of cow/calf, sheep, backgrounding calves or finishing feedlot operations
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.