Perform general routine office duties for Maintenance contract sites, following standard procedures and specific instructions. Duties performed may include typing, file maintenance, operation of office equipment and answering telephones. Maintain Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), which may include opening and closing work orders, maintaining equipment status, managing work order back log, maintaining inventory tracking system, and purchasing system.
Shift: First Shift, Monday-Friday
Benefits: Eligible for health and retirement benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation in first year of employment
1. Maintain and operate CMMS as directed by Supervisor; create workorders; create and maintain equipment history database; manage inventory tracking module, purchasing module, etc.
2. Manage on-site routine filing system of training records, sub contract data, maintenance records, etc.
3. Provide telephone backup coverage, responding to interdepartmental inquiries that require brief and standard information. Follow established procedures for call routing and message taking.
4. Proofread work for errors and make corrections as needed.
5. Provide administrative support including typing letters, memos, drafting monthly reports and presentations, and providing support for Human Resources.
6. Assist in coordinating requests for repairs and/or service with contractors and/or local union labor. Maintain supplies and requests for pagers.
7. Produce monthly utility tracking reports using software spreadsheet database.
8. Perform other duties necessary to provide general administrative support to the maintenance team.
1. High school diploma or equivalent education.
2. Ability to type a minimum of 45 w.p.m. accurately.
3. Computer skills necessary to operate word processing applications.
4. Ability to pay close attention to detail for typing, filing and proofing.
5. Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
6. Must be a team player and committed to working in a quality environment.
7. Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.