Under general supervision, may perform and / or lead a crew of maintenance specialists, generalists and/or custodial employees performing a variety of operational projects and technical services in one or more skilled areas including mechanical, machining, electrical/electronic, carpentry, hydraulics, etc. Responsible for providing work direction, orientation, training and work review/inspection for assigned personnel.
Self-performs and leads a crew which:
1. Provides work direction, orientation, training and work review/inspection to assigned personnel
for assigned shifts.
2. Plans, selects, and prepares layouts required of materials for installation, service and/or repair work. May provide estimates, time and material costs of various projects.
3. Provides direction and works from drawings, schematics, blueprints, job layouts or verbal instructions and operate a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
4. Ensures facility and O&M equipment is maintained and repairs performed, also ensures appropriate maintenance documentation is completed and filed. Ensures project status and/or general maintenance performance is documented and reported to customer and Site Manager on a timely and consistent basis.
5. Provides audit reports of performance levels to management as requested.
6. Provides required administrative support for Site Manager as needed, such as time sheet review and manpower scheduling. May backfill for the Site Manager as needed.
7. May be required to make recommendations regarding structural modifications required for installation, repair, replacement or maintenance of all assigned equipment.
8. Requisitions new supplies and equipment.
9. May be required to supervise sub-contractors.
10. May be required to be on call 24/7 to provide telephone assistance as well as emergency response to the facility.
11. Ensures compliance to all city, state, and federal license and certification requirements. Maintains and submits all records and documents to proper authorities.
12. Performs and reviews all work and assures all personnel perform work in accordance with established safety procedures.
13. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adheres to company standards.
14. Performs other duties as required.
1. Technical Degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience in a trade or discipline.
2. Five or more years experience in operations and maintenance.
3. Requires in-depth knowledge of various maintenance operations sufficient to deal with
installation, service and repairs.
4. Working knowledge of personal computers and programmable logic controllers.
5. Excellent problem solving, organizational and communications skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate the activities of others.
7. Capable of effectively representing JCI to our customers.
8. Must be a team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.