Under close supervision at an apprentice level, assists in performing basic service in a
specialized building system area such as mechanical, electrical / electronic, hydraulics,
carpentry, painting, locksmith or machine servicing, etc.
1. Assist in performing basic O&M service work in a specialized building system area such
as mechanical, electrical / electronic, hydraulics, carpentry, painting, locksmith or
machine servicing, etc.
2. Selects and lays out required materials per work orders or verbal instructions.
3. May be required to assist with requisitioning new supplies and equipment.
4. Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
5. Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
6. Perform other duties as required.
1. Participation in a technical / apprenticeship program or equivalent and a minimum of two
years hands-on maintenance experience.
2. Requires basic knowledge of the fundamentals of a trade, sufficient to deal with basic
service and repairs.
3. Requires ability to work from drawings or verbal instructions
4. Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which
includes ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up
to 50 lbs., etc.
5. Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
6. May be required to use a variety of hand and power tools or forklift.
7. May be required to possess a valid driver's license.
8. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.