Under direct supervision, completes assigned programming, commissioning, basic troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of fire / security systems per contract obligations.
• Assists experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems, either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems. Requires understanding of core and third party fire / security products, software and systems / electrical technology.
• Assists in performing required commissioning documentation. Provide accurate information for as-builts documentation.
• Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
• Maintains appropriate local and National Fire / Security Industry Certifications.
• Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
• Assists in monitoring project execution per plan. Reports problems or changes to supervisor or management.
• Completes paperwork and on site documentation as required.
• Performs self-study (reading, research, and practice) to obtain technical proficiency on required products and application.
• Performs other duties as assigned
High school diploma plus one year experience in installing fire or security systems is required. Electronics certification from an accredited technical school / military electronics training desired. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts. Basic computer skills required. Attention to detail. Able to explain technical information to non-technical people.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.