At Exelon, we've got a place for you! > DESCRIPTION
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Business Unit Overview
Join Exelon Power, and you will be a part of the team responsible for managing, operating, and maintaining the company's fossil (natural gas, oil and coal), renewable (wind and solar), and hydroelectric fleet of power generating assets. With locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Texas, California, Iowa, and Massachusetts, our diverse generating portfolio enables the company to be competitive in the deregulated power market.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to operate, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all mechanical, I/C, and electrical equipment as required to support plant operations and maximize asset value.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Uses computerized maintenance management system to maintain and control work order system spare parts inventory. Perform maintenance and repair work on plant equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, fans, turbines, bearings, boilers, pipe systems, valves and limitorque operators. (disassembly, part repair or replacement, assembly)
2. Operates monitors and maintains turbines, generators, pumps, scrubber plants, industrial wastewater treatment plants, boilers, motors, combustion turbines and associated auxiliary equipment.
3. Trains and develops other employees in performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities. Practices situational leadership, environmental and safety stewardship.
4. Leads equipment or system problem identification and recommends solutions.
5. Develops operating procedures for plant equipment to ensure consistent and safe operation.
6. Performs all work during an assigned shift in a safe, continuous and efficient manner while maintaining environmental and housekeeping standards within federal, state and local guidelines. Performs work per Work Management processes and ensures safety using equipment Tag out process.
7. Assists in requisitioning parts and supplies.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned.