At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Join Exelon Power, and you will be a part of the team responsible for managing, operating, and maintaining the company's fossil (natural gas, oil and coal), renewable (wind and solar), and hydroelectric fleet of power generating assets. With locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Texas, California, Iowa, and Massachusetts, our diverse generating portfolio enables the company to be competitive in the deregulated power market.
Operations & Maintenance Technician (CRO)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary responsibilities of this role will be to operate, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all mechanical, I/C, and electrical equipment as required to support plant operations and maximize asset value.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Operates monitors and maintains turbines, generators, pumps, scrubber plants, industrial wastewater treatment plants, boilers, motors, combustion turbines and associated auxiliary equipment.
- adjust controls to generate specified electrical power, or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
- control and maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feedwater heaters, filters, and chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, and auxiliary power.
- control generator output to match the phase, frequency, and voltage of electricity supplied to panels.
- make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland and pipe joints; report any needs for major repairs.
- monitor and inspect power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
- open and close valves and switches in sequence upon signals from other workers, in order to start or shut down auxiliary units.
2. Uses computerized maintenance management system to maintain and control work order system spare parts inventory. Perform maintenance and repair work on plant equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, fans, turbines, bearings, boilers, pipe systems, valves and limitorque operators. (disassembly, part repair or replacement, assembly)
3. Trains and develops other employees in performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities. Practices situational leadership, environmental and safety stewardship.
4. Leads equipment or system problem identification and recommends solutions.
5. Develops operating procedures for plant equipment to ensure consistent and safe operation.
6. Performs all work during an assigned shift in a safe, continuous and efficient manner while maintaining environmental and housekeeping standards within federal, state and local guidelines. Performs work per Work Management processes and ensures safety using equipment Tag out process.
7. Assists in requisitioning parts and supplies.
8. Has responsibility For operating, monitoring and maintaining the efficient operation of the turbines, generators, pumps, wastewater treatment plants, boilers, motors, and associated auxiliary equipment. Will adjust controls to generate specified electrical power, or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations. Controls generator output to match the phase, frequency, and voltage of electricity supplied to panels. Responsible for working with the O&M Tech I and Shift Foreman for ensuring equipment is safely operated and tagged out for maintenance.
9. Perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree in Power Plant Technology, Engineering Technology, or Electronics OR
2. HS Diploma with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology
3. Successfully complete the training requirements and time in job requirements for the position including previously passing the EEI TECH test
4. Availability for rotating shift work and overtime as required
5. Good oral and written communication skills
6. Basic computer skills
7. Understanding of power plant prints
8. Valid driver's license and access to an insured vehicle
9. Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing and walking long distances
10. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
Preferred - Bio Mass experience
The incumbent in this position must be able to communicate across all levels of the organization. The O&M Technician (CRO) must have previously passed testing requirements and qualifications before performing this role. The O & M Technician operational knowledge must have continued to increase.
This position will report to the AGE Power Plant in Albany, Georgia
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.