The primary responsibilities of this role will be to operate, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all mechanical, I/C, and electrical equipment as required to support plant operations and maximize asset value.
1. Uses computerized maintenance management system to maintain and control work order system spare parts inventory. Perform maintenance and repair work on plant equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, fans, turbines, bearings, boilers, pipe systems, valves and limitorque operators. (disassembly, part repair or replacement, assembly)
2. Operates monitors and maintains turbines, generators, pumps, industrial waste water treatment plants, boilers, motors, combustion turbines and associated auxiliary equipment.
3. Trains and develops other employees in performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities. Practices situational leadership, environmental and safety stewardship.
4. Leads equipment or system problem identification and recommends solutions.
5. Develops operating procedures for plant equipment to ensure consistent and safe operation.
6. Performs all work during an assigned shift in a safe, continuous and efficient manner while maintaining environmental and housekeeping standards within federal, state and local guidelines. Performs work per Work Management processes and ensures safety using equipment Tag out process.
7. Assists in requisitioning parts and supplies.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree in Power Plant Technology, Engineering Technology, or Electronics OR
2. HS Diploma with minimum of 18 months of trade or technical training in Power Plant Technology
3. Successfully complete the training requirements and time in job requirements for the position including previously passing the EEI TECH test
4. Availability for rotating shift work and overtime as required
5. Good oral and written communication skills
6. Basic computer skills
7. Understanding of power plant prints
8. Valid driver's license and access to an insured vehicle
9. Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes climbing and walking long distances
10. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
The incumbent in this position must be able to communicate across all levels of the organization. The O & M Technician must have previously passed testing requirements and qualifications before performing this role. The O & M Technician electrical blocking knowledge must have continued to increase.
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.