The Monsanto Hawaii Organization is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as the Maintenance Lead . The Maintenance Lead will be a member of the Leadership Team and is responsible for leading the maintenance activities across multiple farms and facilities in Hawaii along with providing a clear strategy to improve the performance, reliability and longevity of all facilities and equipment. The Maintenance Lead has leadership responsibility for a team of Maintenance Mechanics, Facilities Technicians, and Project Specialists located at our facilities located on Oahu. The Maintenance Lead is expected to g et results through high personal proficiency, delegation of tasks, coordinating the work of others, developing/coaching others, developing the team and collaborating regionally to innovate and improve processes.
The Maintenance Lead will maintain a strong relationship with various roles including Site Leadership, Crop Leadership, Environment, Safety & Health teams, Engineering teams, and other site support personnel to direct maintenance operations. The successful candidate must be able to adapt quickly to changes in our business and courageously face new challenges. The Maintenance Lead is expected to drive progress by leveraging the talents, skills, and resources of team members in a highly matrixed environment. Responsibilities:
Qualifications - Required Skills/ Experience:
- Manages direct reports through motivation, recognition, leadership, and employee development and administration
- Provides overall direction for maintenance activities across facilities, special projects, and agriculture equipment.
- Responsible for scheduling, prioritization, and assignment of projects for maintenance activities across multiple locations.
- Supports and helps track financial management activities such as budgeting, cost management, capital management, equipment replacement/retirement, expense reporting, and payroll tracking.
- Drives operational improvements, metrics tracking and implementation of best practices through team members and along with peers
- Represents and contributes to the site's involvement in community outreach
- Accountable for adherence of team to governmental rules and regulations as well as Monsanto ESH initiatives and objectives to ensure worker safety
- Accountable for the establishment and use of maintenance software systems enabling the tracking of activities and downtime related to equipment availability.
Qualifications - Desired Skills/ Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree with 5+ years experience in a manufacturing, agriculture, engineering, maintenance, and/or technical environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead people managers and their teams
- Results oriented leadership approach
- Experience with maintenance software and tracking systems
- Capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through oral or written communications
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment
- Experience with agricultural and/or heavy equipment
- Experience with building trades and/or as a contractor
- Experience in working and/or leading in a matrix environment
- Computer proficiencies including Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
- Knowledge of process improvement principles such as Lean, Six Sigma
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.