SUNRISE HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL CENTER
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
Registered Nurse General - Mother Infant Unit - Full Time Mixed
The Mother Infant Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Nevada.
- Mother Infant experience preferred.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom