Empowered. Innovative. Inspiring. Creative. Intense. These are all words we use to describe life at SoftLayer, an IBM Company.
We are looking for an engineer to join our Object Storage team supporting 12 clusters across 4 continents (and continuing to grow). In this role you will work alongside a talented team of engineers supporting all operational aspects of our deployments, including developing automation, instrumentation, alerting, operational tooling and dashboards while improving performance and maintaining a continuously available system.
If you are a motivated engineer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you. As a member of the SoftLayer team, you have the opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the company. We strive to make SoftLayer a place where you want to be - a place where you are proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.
• Designing and implementing automation to streamline cluster deployment and upgrades
• Delivering continuously available infrastructure services with consistent performance profile
• Implementing alerting and automation to minimize time to issue detection and problem resolution
• Designing and implementing dashboard elements to expose key performance indicators to provide real-time service insights
• Instrumenting system to gather key system metrics aiding optimization, issue detection, and problem resolution. Designing and implementing test automation to improve system reliability and stability
• Implementing test plans that ensure robust, stable production platform
• Analyzing and interpreting collected data to identify issues and recommend improvements
• Experimenting with hardware footprints and performing performance comparison.
Preferred locations Austin, TX or Dallas, TX
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.