The Occupational Health Nurse will work to promote and ensure the health and wellness of BP employees at the Texas City Chemical plant. As the Occupational Health Nurse, you will focus on promoting health, preventing illness and injury, protecting workers from risks associated with occupational health hazards, restoring workers' health in a safe and healthy work environment. You will has site-wide programmatic scope and influence for BP personnel, contractors, emergency preparedness and incident investigation teams.Key accountabilities
- Evaluation, treatment and case management of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Coordinate and follow-up of federally regulated and BP mandated physical exams.
- Coordinate and/or perform OSHA required audiometric tests, pulmonary function exams; respirator fit testing and medical management of BP Hearing Conservation Program and BP Respirator Program.
- Conduct pre-employment, random and follow-up drug and alcohol tests.
- Responsible for medical approval of Family Medical Leave Act absences and coordination of information with HR representative.
- Interact with the Medical Director (physician) and employee's physician when appropriate to provide timely and appropriate return to work for both non-occupational and occupational injuries and illnesses; as well as making decisions regarding full duty/restricted duty work. i.e. case management.
- Develop procedures for emergency and follow-up care for illnesses and injuries.
- Oversee immunization program for expatriate employees, employees on temporary foreign assignments, and employees participating in voluntary immunization programs.
- Responsible for Bloodborne Pathogen Program management including training and immunization of first responders and exposure follow-up procedures.
- Director to ensure that the provision of first aid treatment, case management of contractor injuries, and onsite medical surveillance is being completed.
- Coordinate and participate in onsite CPR training.
- Conduct field reviews, audits, and investigations which may involve working at heights, entry into confined spaces and/or hazardous work locations, operating lift equipment, and locking/tagging out equipment.
- Performance of office management functions including computer entry, maintenance of calibration records and logbooks, and medical record maintenance.
- Maintain and update Occupational Health Nurse Protocol Manual and Medical Department Procedure Manual (with oversight by contract Medical Director).
- Evaluate and update implementation of plant specific Pandemic Response Plan by continuing to monitor WHO and BP communication regarding change in pandemic status in the world.
- Consult with the physician and BP Industrial Hygienist to annually evaluate medical examination components and job classifications to ensure compliance and to improve wellness.
Essential experience and job requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Must be Registered Nurse
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 5 years of nursing experience in a hospital, clinic, or manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication to a variety of stakeholders
- Experience leading training
- Strong computer skills
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Certifications Preferred: Occupational Health Nurse certification
- Experience working as a nurse in a manufacturing environment
- Experience overseeing FMLA and Workers' Compensation
Yes - up to 10%Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Petrochemicals SPU includes Acetyls, Aromatics and Olefins & Derivatives businesses; it has over 2,300 employees working in production sites and offices on three continents.
We manufacture and market four main product lines: purified terephthalic acid (PTA), paraxylene (PX), acetic acid, and olefins and derivatives (O&D). We also have smaller product lines in acetic anhydride and NDC. Our strategy is to leverage our world leading technology in selected markets, to grow the business and to deliver industry-leading returns. New investments are targeted principally in the higher-growth Asian markets.Segment
[ "27-Sep-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.