This opening is in our Kawneer business line located in Cranberry Twp., PA. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Occupational Health Nurse
is responsible for providing employee occupational health services at a manufacturing facility with business unit oversight of occupational medicine and wellness compliance programs. Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages occupational health programs including, but not limited to medical surveillance, return to work, pre-employment physicals, substance abuse, injury case management, workers compensation, etc.;
- Advises BCS management in matters of occupational health in order to provide occupational medical services in compliance with regulatory and Arconic company standards and best practices;
- Manages the First Responder Team and develops and maintains a medical record system which ensures the continuity of care and confidentiality;
- Obtain and maintain necessary equipment and supplies to provide treatment;
- Provides employee care by working with the local Occupational Medical Clinics to schedule employee required medical surveillance examinations and post offer physicals, hearing examinations, flu and Hepatitis B vaccinations and other screenings as well as managing follow-up appointments;
- Works in conjunction with the other plant functions to communicate information and provide recommendations to employees and supervisors at the location;
- Responsible for initial training of any incidents, providing first aid, and providing medical advice on injuries and illnesses occurring at the Cranberry location and other business unit locations;
- Maintain employee medical files;
- Counsel employees on health matters and coordinate physical examinations as needed;
- Conducts timely case management of work related injuries and illnesses and acts as the direct liaison for workers compensation claims in compliance with regulatory and company standards, as well as entering medical and incident data and other reporting activities/metrics;
- Schedules periodic chemical medical surveillance examinations in accordance with company standards to assess the health impact of specific chemical exposures in the workplace;
- Schedules periodic return-to-work examinations to ensure the safe placement of employees returning from health related absences;
- Administers drug/ alcohol screens for pre-employment or suspicion;
- Lead the location's Wellness Committee to promote employee health and wellness initiatives;
- Deploy occupational medicine programs, in compliance with company Health Standards and local/national laws and regulations;
- Serving as the Business Unit point of contact for Pandemic Preparedness programs;
- Support vendor selection and deployment, and seeking additional health cost reduction opportunities where appropriate;
- Implement ongoing occupational medicine self-assessments and gap closure;
- Conduct periodic internal and external clinic assessments to ensure action plans are executed to address compliance gaps;
- Participate in meetings with Global Medical Services, representing the Business Unit.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 2 years of occupational health nursing experience;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing (BSN), Registered Nurse (RN) License or Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) or Occupational Health from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 1 year of Occupational Health experience;
- Nurse Practitioner experience;
- Currently have or willing to obtain Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN) or a Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S) designation;
- Experience with Oracle systems.