At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) to support our Drug Delivery Systems Division (DDSD) located in Northridge, California. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary :
This position provides a challenging opportunity to work with an experienced team of Human Resources and Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) professionals in a 3M manufacturing facility. The work environment is dynamic, engaging and rewarding. Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Becoming an active team member of the Human Resources Department.
- Driving disability case management and Workers' Compensation.
- Managing work related employee injuries and illnesses.
- Maintaining and execute medical surveillance programs.
- Conducting medical surveillance related evaluations including spirometry, hearing and vision tests.
- Leading the Healthy Living team
- Executing preplacement medical evaluation process including pre-employment drug testing.
- Driving Health & Productivity initiatives.
- Providing employee training on health related topics.
- Providing ergonomic assessments and management.
- Ability to flex work schedule to cover employees at a 24 hour operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Current, unrestricted, California Registered Nursing license
- Minimum of three (3) combined years of occupational health and/or public health experience
- Minimum of three (3) combined years of case management and/or clinical nursing experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with electronic medical record systems
- Minimum of five (5) years occupational health nursing with direct delivery of services to workers
- Knowledge of California worker compensation system
- Experience with local, state and federal regulatory and legislative occupational health requirements
- Certification(s)/willingness to obtain such as:
- American Board of Occupational Health (COHN, COHN-S and/or Case Management)
- Council for Accreditation Occupational Hearing Conservation (OHC, PS and/or PS)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification (that includes AED
- Certification in Spirometry
- Microsoft Office proficient and Computer skills sufficient to create documents, presentations, analyze data, generate reports and provide communications
Northridge, CA Travel:
May include up to 10% domestic/international Relocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.