Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently
recruiting for an Occupational Health Nurse- Site Team Lead (OHN), located in Elmira,
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and
united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace
research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to
advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson &
Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the
lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales,
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based
manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related
services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics
markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies
employing approximately 127,000 people and with products touching the lives of
over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Occupational Health
Nurse- Site Team Lead (OHN) organizes and facilitates
the function of the occupational health department in Elmira, NY. Ensures
delivery of integrated services, including Occupational Health, Wellness and
EAP, in accordance with Johnson & Johnson Global Health and regulatory
guidelines and in alignment with the business needs of our customers. Leads a
team of Global Health professionals and facilitates teamwork and effective
communications within the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides clinical healthcare services including:
Nursing care for Injuries, illnesses, and disability management; occupational
health injury and illness care and case management; medical surveillance;
travel health; general health education and health coaching.
- Responsible for compliance associated with
occupational health at the locations they support including, applicable OSHA
regulations and record keeping and J&J global health standards.
- Responsible for Hearing, Vision, Sensitizer,
Spirometry Programs as required.
- Drives increased health outcomes including
reducing population health risks, managing and eliminating workplace health
risks and supporting improved business outcomes through advancing employee
health and well being.
- Accountable for delivery of all Health,
Wellness, and EAP services delivered by our integrated global health team.
- Develops and implements a site business plan
that incorporates Global Health Strategic Goals and objectives into operating
company business plans.
- Develops quarterly, semi-annual, and annual site
updates and program outcome reports for review with on-site customers.
- Provides various preventive health evaluations
and tests in accordance with Global Health policies and protocols.
- Assures effective communication occurs within the
team, key customers, our insurance companies, and with the Global Services Site
- Provides support to the Medical Emergency
- Requires knowledge of the occupational hazards
and treatment for exposures for assigned locations.
- Partners with other members of the Global Health
team as well as Human Resources, EHS&S, and management partners to
encourage an integrated team approach to solving problems.
- Participates in the development of Site Business
plans supporting key Global Health initiatives.
- Assists in developing and administering the
- Participates in the Employee Development Program
process. Attends continuing education programs.
- On occasion support off site programs and
- Support remote Sales Staff as directed by
Supervisor as needed.
- Current Registered Nurse License for the State
of New York required.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or
ADN required. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience as a professional
nurse required. A minimum of 3 years of Occupational, Community, Workers
Compensation Case Management, Public Health or like experience preferred.
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN)
preferred. Management/Certification of Hearing Conservation Program (CAOCH),
Spirometry Program preferred, but will be required within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and
people skills including the ability to motivate, cooperate and work effectively
with others, and build partnerships with various departments required.
- Demonstrate skills such as empathy, ability to
listen and manage stressful situations to support employees required.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a
team and support the site team required.
- Proficiency with MS Office required.
- Phlebotomy proficiency preferred.
- Working knowledge of regulatory areas; i.e.;
ADA, OSHA, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, STD/LTD preferred.
- BLS Healthcare CPR & AED Card required.
- Strong Case Management experience required.
- Documenting in an Electronic Medical Recording
using S.O.A.P. preferred.
- Experience in Electronic Medical Recording
United States-New York-ElmiraOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Occupational HealthRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.