Occupational Health Nurse What you will do
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager your primary responsibility will be to maintain the monthly blood level testing for the Florence, SC facility. In addition to the blood draws you will be responsible for FMLA determination, providing assistance to our HR and Safety departments for Workman's Compensation, treat minor ailments and illness of employees and create innovative ways to communicate healthy living choices to employees on all shifts.
Our Florence, SC facility is a Battery Recycling Center / Manufacturing plant with approximately 380 employees. How you will do it
In addition to the blood draws as the Nurse, you will host health fairs, annual high blood pressure screenings, and work with the Safety Committee on ways to reduce blood lead. You will manage FMLA through making sure accuracy of the process. You will also work with the Safety Manager on plant initiatives and Worker's Compensation. What we look for
- 4 year Nursing Degree required.
- Have current Nursing license for South Carolina or other CAP state
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Occupational Health Nursing
- Knowledge and experience with Worker's Compensation and Family Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Proficiency with soft applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you. Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination
- Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law , EEO is the Law (supplement) , and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.