Our 200 bed facility is located in Hermitage TN and was names as a Top Hospital in Quality by The Joint Commission. We are certified as a primary stroke Center and accredited Chest Pain Center and cancer program. We, the employees of TriStar Summit Medical Center, have a unique calling to care for those in need, whether they are patients or loved ones. In fulfilling this calling we believe in and practice daily, the values and standards that place us at the Summit of health care. Every employee is committed to the I SERVE...with pleasure values which we hold in the daily performance of our duties.
These are the expectations of all TriStar Summit employees. They are a reflection of us individually and as a group. To ensure high-quality, compassionate patient care, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians to support staff. So if you're all about making a difference in healthcare, TriStar Summit offers excellent opportunities to advance your career and achieve your goals.
- Creates an environment and culture that enables Rehabilitation Services to fulfill the mission of the Hospital to meet or exceed its goals.
- Provides input into strategic development initiatives and is responsible for the implementation of the inpatient rehabilitation strategic plan.
- Responsible for the financial viability of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services, coordinating the submittal of accurate and timely billing and clinical information. Develops and strives for achievement of financial objectives, including the implementation of budgetary guidelines. Supports the Therapy Services Director/Lead Therapist in managing the resources of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services in an ethical, viable manner. Provides input for the negotiation of rehabilitation specific rates in negotiated payment structures/contracts.
- In collaboration with the Medical Director and other clinical staff, assures the development of quality inpatient rehabilitation programming to meet market needs.
- Collaborates effectively with all members of the rehabilitation team within the inpatient rehabilitation unit.
- Works with the Therapy Services Director/Lead Therapist to ensure the supply of appropriate resources to support the programs, services, organizational structure and staffing levels necessary for quality rehabilitation services. Coordinates as necessary with inpatient rehabilitation counterparts.
- Implements operations and processes to support, facilitate, and maintain uniform performance of inpatient care including documentation.
- Provides a safe, secure, and infection/hazard-free environment.
- Supports the Therapy Services Director/Lead Therapist in development, implementation, and monitoring of the quality management plan for inpatient rehabilitation services.
- The Occupational Therapist supports interdepartmental performance-improvement/customer satisfaction activities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards in customer service through all interactions with the patients, families, coworkers, staff, other hospital departments, physicians, community and all others.
- Creates a high quality, professional clinical environment to facilitate the necessary recruitment of appropriate numbers of qualified staff.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Occupational Therapy from and accredited program in Occupational Therapy.
• Current Tennessee State licensure or TN approved compact license
• American Heart Association or Red Cross BLS
• AOTCB and registered occupational therapist.
• Direct inpatient rehab experience; one year or more preferred, involving extensive knowledge of rehab/criteria
• Excellent interpersonal skills/communication skills
• Excellent organization/time management skills
• Excellent customer service skills; professional appearance
• Experience in providing educational programs
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom