Occupational Therapist, Full Time Facility Description:
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits:
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Descripition:
In accordance with physicians orders, the Occupational Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out occupational therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Position Qualifications:
- Plans, organizes and conducts programs in a variety of sensorimotor, educational, recreational and social activities designed to help patients regain physical and or mental functioning or adjust to their handicaps.
- Plans therapeutic care based on clinical assessment.
- Teaches patient skills and techniques required for participation in activities.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates occupational therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- B.S. or M.S. in Occupational Therapy.
- State licensure as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom