Occupational Therapist - Full Time Days
Menorah Medical Center, a full-service, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves the community's healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. The hospital has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
The hospital, near the Overland Park and Leawood city lines, continues to be a leader in cancer care. It was the first to introduce the area's only CyberKnife®. This revolutionary new treatment for destroying harmful tumors does not require surgery or anesthesia, and lets the patient go home immediately after treatment with few, if any, side effects. It is also the only hospital in Johnson County to offer Mammosite®, an advanced technology for breast cancer.
In accordance with physicians orders, the Occupational Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out occupational therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications:
- Plans, organizes and conducts programs in a variety of sensorimotor, educational, recreational and social activities designed to help patients regain physical and or mental functioning or adjust to their handicaps.
- Plans therapeutic care based on clinical assessment.
- Teaches patient skills and techniques required for participation in activities.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates occupational therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- B.S. or M.S. in Occupational Therapy.
- State licensure as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom