Clear Lake Regional Medical Center - Webster, TX
Occupational Therapist (OT) - Ancillary Rehab PRN
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:
• Breast Diagnostic Center
• Cancer care
• Diabetes management
• Level III emergency department
• ACR-accredited imaging center
• One-on-one therapy
• Neuroscience and neurology
• Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
• Wound treatment center
• Women's and Children's Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties - more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is looking for an Occupational Therapist (OT) for its Ancillary Rehab Department. This is a PRN position.
In accordance with physician's orders, the Occupational Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out occupational therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
• Plans, organizes and conducts programs in a variety of sensorimotor, educational, recreational and social activities designed to help patients regain physical and or mental functioning or adjust to their handicaps.
• Plans therapeutic care based on clinical assessment.
• Teaches patient skills and techniques required for participation in activities.
• Evaluates, records and reports on patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
• Integrates occupational therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Instructs and educates patients and families.
• Participates in patient discharge planning.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
• B.S. or M.S. in Occupational Therapy.
• State licensure as an Occupational Therapist.
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom