Tomball Regional Medical Center - Tomball, Texas Occupational Therapist (OT) - Inpatient Occupational Therapy
Since 1976, Tomball Regional Medical Center (TRMC)
has provided quality healthcare to the communities we serve including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, cardiology, pulmonary medicine, acute inpatient rehabilitation, sports medicine, physical therapy, orthopedics, outpatient testing, wound care and many others. Our 150-acre campus and 191 bed hospital also features designated specialty centers: the Heart Center, the Tomball Regional Medical Center Wound and Hyperbaric Center, and Texas Sports Medicine Center.Tomball Regional Medical Center
is currently looking for an Occupational Therapist. This is a full time/days position. Responsibilities:
- Evaluates patient and develops appropriate and effective treatment program in accordance with patient's status, medical referral and therapy evaluation results while maintaining confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information to assure patient's rights are protected.
- Demonstrates understanding of rationale and application of therapeutic techniques, proper body mechanics, safe and efficient patient handling skills and proper equipment usage.
- Participates in clinic maintenance prevention procedures.
- Works as a part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team with other hospital departments and physicians in order to provide comprehensive quality care to patients.
- Reports to manager patient-care management problems, equipment needs and maintenance requirements. Cosigns all students' notes. Coordinates patient's treatment with other health care professionals where appropriate.
- Plans individual patient schedule and maintains daily attendance record, daily progress notes, evaluation, and home program and discharge summaries. Charges for patient treatment on a daily basis in approved manner.
- Demonstrates compliance with department and hospital Policies & Procedures while displaying cooperative and constructive attitude in intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships.
- Actively engages in learning and continuing education for self-improvement and professional growth. Attends and participates in staff meetings/in-services. Participates in interdisciplinary conferences and report with/to disciplines on patient's progress and discharge planning.
- Actively assists in revising, developing department Policies and Procedures and development of Performance Improvement indicators.
- Actively participates in the hospital and department's Quality and Performance Improvement programs.
- Works weekends and holidays as needed.
- Complies with the hospital's behavioral expectations.
- Supports and participates in the hospital's Patient Engagement and Satisfaction initiatives.
- Shares and promotes the hospital's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Supports the Ethics and Compliance Program.
- One or more years as an occupational therapist preferred. New graduates acceptable.
- Graduate of approved school of Occupational Therapy with a minimum Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy.
- Licensed or holds a temporary license in the State of Texas.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Hospital Association required.