Occupational Therapist PRN Weekends
Employee will provide direct patient care. They will assist director and supervisor in supervising COTA & therapy tech; assist director in developing and implementing departmental policies and programs. The staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the young adult through geriatric. The attached criteria based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards as they relate to age specific competency.
- Proficient in occupational therapy evaluation and treatment of young adult through geriatric patient population
- Able to develop and adjust treatment plans according to developmental stage
- Understand and adapt a treatment program for a patient in the grieving process
- Able to assess potential signs of depression secondary to lifestyle limitations and coordinate occupational therapy treatment to meet the patient's activity level.
- Possess the ability to coordinate physician, therapist, patient, and family goals into an appropriate plan of care
- Able to educate patient and family about disease process precautions limitations or sensations related to the patient's condition either verbally or written or both
- Effectively communicate with interdisciplinary care team
- Effectively communicate with and supervise therapy assistants, aides and students
- Graduate of approved school of Occupational Therapy.
- OT license required in the state of Texas
- Certified in CPR
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom