The Occupational Therapist is responsible for evaluating patients; planning, implementing, and modifying treatment programs according to age appropriate needs.
In addition to direct patient intervention, the Occupational Therapist is involved in the education of patient, family, caregivers and staff regarding the patient's functional level. The Occupational Therapist may participate in student education and other related duties as required or assigned by supervisor. The equipment used may include, but is not limited to: computer, camcorder, VCR, parafin bath, fluidotherapy, ultrasound, e-stim, splinting pan, heat gun, ionophoresis, whirlpool, treatment tables, pulleys.Qualifications:
- Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: National Certification by the NBOTC, Colorado OT license and BLS certification required.
- Education: Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college or university,
- Experience: Acute rehab experience preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Able to perform all evaluations, assessment, and treatment planning required in this position. Effective verbal and written communication.
- Degree of Supervision Required: Minimal after proficiency is established. Individual proceeds on his/her own initiative in compliance with policies, procedures, and practices outlined by immediate supervisor.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom