Rose Medical Center, a HealthOne hospital, has been recognized as a Magnet designated hospital, a rare achievement that distinguishes organizations like Rose that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence. Rose has also been recognized for the tenth time as of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve costs and quality of healthcare. Rose has been named top performer on "Key Quality Measures" by the Joint Commission in recognition of our exemplary performance in using evidence based clinical processes that are shown to improve care for certain conditions, including heart attacks, pneumonia , and surgery. Rose received the prestigious Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence in 2017, in recognition of our dedication to safety and quality outcomes as well as receiving Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award for two years straight. In addition Rose has earned straight A's from the Leapfrog Group recognizing patient safety since the program began. Rose has also been named as the "Top Baby Hospital in Denver" by 5280 Magazine, "Best Birthing Center" by Colorado Parent Magazine, one of the "Top 8 Places to Give Birth in the Nation" by Fit Pregnancy Magazine and Rose has more 'Top Doctors" as recognized in 5280 Magazine than any other hospital in the area. Rose was also named as a "Top 100 Workplace" in 2015. Position Summary:
The Occupational Therapist (OTR) is responsible for evaluating patients; planning, implementing and modifying treatment programs according to age appropriate needs. In addition to direct patient intervention, the Occupational Therapist is involved in the education of patient, family, caregivers and staff regarding the patient's functional level. The Occupational Therapist may participate in student education and other related duties assigned by the supervisor. The Occupational Therapist performs duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at RMC. The Occupational Therapist displays positive support for the values and mission of RMC .Qualifications:
- Position Requirements:
- Education: Bachelors degree or Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college or university.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: National certification by the NBOTC. Current BLS certification through American Heart Association.
- Required Education and Training:
- Recommended Education and Training: A minimum of 60 hours of continuing education or inservice attendance preferred.
- Experience: New graduated accepted.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Able to perform all evaluations, assessments and treatment planning required in this position. Effective verbal and written communication. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers. Equipment used may include, but is not limited to, personal computer, paraffin bath, whirlpool, splinting pan, heat gun, and treatment tables.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom