Research Psychiatric Center - Kansas City, MO Occupational Therapist - PRN
At Research Psychiatric Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Research Psychiatric Center has provided comprehensive behavioral health services for more than 25 years to teenagers, adults and seniors dealing with emotional disorders, mental illness and substance abuse.
Are you looking for a place to make a difference with a healthcare system that offers the best resources to not only the community, but also its employees? Apply here today! About Research Psychiatric Center:
Our mental health programs offer a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment and community based outpatient behavioral healthcare. Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and licensed professional counselors, all with special training to care for people with mental, emotional or behavioral disorders. We are dedicated to helping our patients find their path to recovery through therapy, counseling and other treatment methods. Our treatment plans are created to fit each patient's individual health needs.
Our 100 bed facility is fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and from the State of Missouri. All hospital based services include full psychiatric, psychosocial and medical evaluations.
Learn more about working at Research Psychiatric Center: http://researchpsychiatriccenter.com/about/ Research Psychiatric Center
is currently looking for an Occupational Therapist
The Occupational and Recreational Therapy Department facilitates group and individual and group therapies for acute psychiatric patients. The department works on all units of the psychiatric hospital including adolescent, adult, and senior adult units.
Top 3 reasons why employees love this department:
- Recent awards, high standards and quality metrics
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Great opportunity to work with patients of all ages from a diverse background
- Plans, organizes, and conducts occupational therapy program.
- Provides professional therapeutic programming and services to behavioral health patients on a designated unit in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Research Psychiatric Center.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary treatment team plan of care.
- Works collaboratively with members of the health care team, maintains a safe environment, and provides patient and family education.
- Demonstrates competency to provide age appropriate care to adolescent patients (12-18 years of age), adult patients (18 and older, including geriatric patients age 55 years ).
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational therapy from an accredited university
- Current Missouri Occupational Therapist Licensure
- BLS through AHA required upon hire and maintained
- Prefer prior experience working with a psychiatric mental health population, preferably in an inpatient setting
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom