Occupational Therapy Assistant Inpatient Rehab Facility, Full Time
Lawnwood Medical Center
Ft. Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast and offers diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include a 24/7 emergency department, pediatric emergency department, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, and a full range of inpatient and outpatient general surgical services. Lawnwood provides the area's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Level II Trauma Center, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Comprehensive Stroke Center.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood's Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and, for 11 years in a row, the hospital is a Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack by Healthgrades. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first - no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits:
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
In accordance with physician's orders and under the supervision of a Certified Occupational Therapist, the Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant provides care based on physical and occupational therapy evaluation/assessment that is appropriate for patient's needs and medical condition. This includes:
- Performs basic assessments of patient condition at pre-admission, admission and ongoing through the course of treatment.
- Participates with the patient, family and rehabilitation team in the development and implementation of an interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Provides instruction, guidance and treatment to patients with functional limitations in order to improve the quality of life.
- Performs prescribed Occupational Therapy treatment and services including daily living skills and functional mobility.
- Uses orthotic and adaptive equipment and devices as needed.
- Evaluates and documents, using computerized documentation system, the patient's response to occupational therapy intervention in relation to the stated goals on the interdisciplinary treatment plan.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy Assistant.
- State licensure as an Occupational Therapist Assistant.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom