Recognized as one having very strong technical capability in OEM Electrical Manufacturing, with a proven record of "excellence" in the Supplier Quality disciplines. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Functional Knowledge:
- Work with Sustaining/ New Product Development teams to ensure the engineering drawing to supplier interpretation maintains integrity and that all expectations are communicated effectively to supporting suppliers.
- Participation with New Product Introduction teams to ensure suppliers are involved in the development and review of specifications to promote design for manufacturability.
- Continuous involvement in the Supplier Selection Process to develop a supply base that provides competitive advantage in quality, value/cost, delivery and technology.
- Leads the supplier audit process and evaluates supplier performance and capability, drive continuous improvement opportunities at supplier. Training of other supplier engineers on the supplier audit and evaluation process.
- Leads quality problem resolutions and incident management, drive root cause and correction action. Identifies and drives broad based systemic supplier resolutions at the process level.
- Assist Engineering by challenging existing manufacturing methods to recommend and develop a more cost effective and/or more reliable products that will improve our competitive position
- Manage Supplier Quality Dashboard and Quality Management Reviews.
- Ownership for Supplier Quality Improvement Plans.
- Ownership for Supplier Corrective & Preventive Actions and establish Tactical Quality Improvement Reviews where necessary
- Support Engagement of Suppliers with Internal Stakeholders on Top Quality Issue.
- Train Suppliers in Applied Quality Requirements and manage compliance.
- Engage specific non conformance and purge activity in partnership with the Supplier Representatives.
- Ownership of "Part Quality Plans"
- Ownership of Primary/Sub-tier Supply Chain Quality Improvement and Conduct/Lead Process audits and reviews.
- Manage Supplier/Part SPC Engagement.
- Drive Functional Failure Reduction Programs.
- Own and Engage with Austin & SCLA Pilot High Value issues.
OEM Electrical Supplier Engagement/Management.
- Quality Engineering experience with a track record of utilizing "Quality Tools" to execute successful Containment, Root Cause, Corrective/Preventive Action.
- Proven Program/Project management skills. Capability to own and execute high visibility issues in high stress environment.
- Proven Data analytics and solid understanding of Statistical Process control. Historical experience auditing business/manufacturing processes.
- Fabrication and manufacturing of semiconductor components made OEM Electrical Manufacturers.
- Demonstrates in-depth and/or breadth of expertise in own discipline and broad knowledge of other disciplines within the function
- Understanding of industry standards in the Electrical OEM business
- Failure analysis for structural integrity of electrical components and modules.
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and critical/innovative thinking to develop solutions
- In-depth understanding and use of various problem solving methodologies, such as 8D, six sigma, etc.
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (MSEE or Ph.D. preferred)Preferred:
ASQ - SQE/SQA certified. Semiconductor Equipment experience in a Quality Engineering discipline. Experience with Applied Materials Equipment and Processes. Experience:
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.