Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Global IT Asset Management considers all software, hardware & infrastructure within Schneider Electric Industries.
The Mission of ITAM is to enable smart & sustainable decisions on digital investments aligned with the overall Digital Strategy & bring value to the Enterprise by maximizing utilization & efficiencies while reducing costs & risks associated with IT Assets.
IT Assets are all physical & logical assets considered intrinsic in value & material in nature regardless of their associated depreciation or spend currency value.
The OEM Publisher Compliance Senior Manager leads Publisher Compliance engagements remotely and on-site while implementing appropriate risk management & mitigation strategies to demonstrate contractual compliance adherence. Scope:
The OEM Publisher Compliance Senior Manager leads OEM & Royalty Resale- related Publisher Compliance engagements remotely and on-site, leverages virtual teams through project management principles and collaboratively navigates the audit activities from beginning to end. This is achieved by aligning Software Research & Development, Royalty Reporting, Platform and Application Technology owners with the Publisher Compliance requirements, obtaining an understanding of the associated Schneider Internal Development & Resale Publisher-related footprint while implementing appropriate risk management & mitigation strategies & tactics throughout.
Throughout these activities, the Senior Manager aims to transfer knowledge to internal business partners & practices throughout the engagement process with the intention of Educating; Equipping; and enabling pro-active license control within the business.
All audits performed require the Senior Manager to have a thorough understanding of the Publishers technologies, licensing practices and how these relate to the underlying system architecture within Schneider. Some audits also entail the execution of system queries and installation of custom measurement scripts to obtain product usage data. Key Requirements
Qualifications: This job might be for you if Education
- Maintains current and historical knowledge of Publisher Compliance audit tools, processes, policies and technical requirements, and pursues continued understanding of corporate, organizational and licensing updates as it relates to ITAM activities.
- Qualifies Publisher Compliance engagements to determine most effective service category, scope and approach through data mining, interpretation of license agreements, analysis of transaction history and understanding customer / partner relationship to Schneider Electric.
- Executes reviews through proactive management of cross-functional teams with timely accomplishment of review tasks and goals in order to gain a thorough understanding of their Publisher-Specific technologies within the associated Platform(s) and provide accurate licensing guidance.
- Acts as the single point of contact for active Publisher-initiated Compliance activities.
- Actively builds internal and external relationships by establishing trust through accurate knowledge sharing, licensing guidance, and transparent engagement activities.
- Manages expectations of constituents involved in Publisher Compliance activities by working to resolve complex licensing issues leveraging Publisher- Schneider Electric’s contracts and business policies and presenting different options to achieve resolution.
- Progresses Publisher Compliance engagements through active listening and persuasively articulating, both verbally and written, review status and direction. Ensures questions and concerns are given appropriate and timely consideration.
- Demonstrates balanced, impartial and timely judgment when making decisions on the Publisher Compliance engagement.
- Self-motivates to independently achieve personal and team Publisher Compliance Services goals and objectives.
- The Publisher Compliance Audit Snr Manager acts in a leadership role and must demonstrate mature leadership behaviors including:
- High levels of personal integrity in the conduct in professional affairs and in dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risk and costs
- Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure
- Understanding of strategic business objectives and the ability to drive results toward those objectives
- Understanding of and alignment with the larger ITAM function to mitigate underlying problems with Entitlement Agreements, Deployment positions, and usage discrepancies relative to attaining contractual compliance with the respective Publishers.
- Manage, lead and mentor ITAM staff, along with third-party contractors as appropriate during Publisher Compliance activities.
- Working closely with ITAM Transversal and Practice business process owners on continuous improvement enhancements throughout the IT Asset Lifecycle to enable sustainable and demonstrable contractual Publisher Compliance adherence.
- Works directly with Publishers, Outsource Providers and Local ITAM Practices to ensure compliance and education of Publisher’s licensing policies. Experience with internal or external customer facing coupled with the ability to be firm yet professional is necessary.
- Level of education required (Mandatory schooling, Vocational education, Specialized school, Undergraduate, University degree, PhD)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/ Engineering/ Accounting/ Compliance/ Legal or a related field or equivalent experience
- Related Post graduate qualification is an advantage
- IT Asset Management standard-based certification is an advantage (ISO 1977-X; ITIL; CSAM; CHAM; CITAM; etc.)
- Professional and fully conversant in English
- Second or third language would be an advantage
- Total number of years of professional experience necessary prior to the job entry
Skills & Behavioral requirements
- 10 years of Contractual Compliance-related experience
- 5 years in a leadership role
- Significant hands-on experience with Royalty Resale & OEM Hardware & Software Asset Management and Publisher Compliance practices: Proven work experience at global publisher/ Big 4 Consultancy Firm is preferred
- Strong Influencing & Negotiation experience is preferred
- Experience with executive-level presentation
- Experience in Project Management Principles
- Experience in working with C-level personnel
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work multi-functionally with all levels of internal staff.
- Highly-organized, self-motivated; leadership style of continuous improvement.
- Strong leadership presence with a high-motivation to meet personal, team and corporate goals
- Ability to research and quickly resolve technical issues.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Advanced licensing skills regarding system platforms (e.g. Microsoft, SAP, IBM & Oracle), client & server as well as mid-range and large environments.
- Very good understanding of IT environments/infrastructure.
- Demonstrated familiarity with IT Asset Management standards (ISO 1977-X; ITIL; etc.)
- Exceptional computer software skills (MS Excel/Word PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Ability to interpret and understand complex software licensing agreements and business practices and apply them to different scenarios
- Ability to articulate licensing concepts and principles into consumable information, while applying concepts to the overall "big picture"
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and partnership with a willingness to proactively coach, facilitate, share knowledge, and be the role model and advocate for a changing organization
- Personifies a high performance / high accountability mentality, demonstrated in large, (global) matrixed initiatives
- Work Breakdown Structure/ Status/ Metrics/ Reporting
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.