Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Under the supervision of a Senior Engineer or Manager, is responsible to provide day-to-day equipment and facility engineering support for assigned areas including vaccine bulk manufacturing, and/or associated facility/utilities mechanical support. Assigned tasks include support and monitoring of equipment performance and maintenance, propose & develop equipment and facility improvements and troubleshoot process equipment to ensure reliable, compliant and efficient operations. Actively ensures compliance to current Good Manufacturing Practices, Safety, and Environmental regulations while achieving operating cost goals.
- Reports to and receives supervision from a Senior Engineer or Manager. On routine process operations, is guided by standard operating procedures.
- Provides shop floor day-to-day equipment / instrumentation / robotic and utilities engineering support to manufacturing operations.
- Ensures adequate spare parts inventory, optimizes and coordinates scheduling of preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance to improve equipment reliability.
- Interacts with hourly, salaried and contract employees in routine matters, troubleshooting equipment and automation systems.
- Provides supervisory coverage when required. Assists in the training of hourly employees. Promotes open communications and teamwork.
- Maintains a high level of technical knowledge and may coordinate safety, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and environmental compliance programs.
- Actively supports productivity improvement program and resolution of deviation events. Participates in root cause investigations, evaluates, develops and improves business processes and develops technical rationale for system improvements.
- Develops Qualification, SOP and Preventative Maintenance documentation and provides reports, data and information to support on-going operations.
- Executes projects from concept to qualification, which may involve facilities, utilities, equipment, automation, or process related upgrades based on project requirements and site procedures.
- Summarizes project progress, delays, or improvement opportunities. Frequently communicates with immediate supervisor about status of projects or assignments.
- Develops strong relationships with site operations to ensure consensus on operational and regulatory compliance issues.
- Supports regulatory agency inspections
- B.S. in Engineering with 1-3 years maintenance experience or, Assoc. Degree with 3-5 years maintenance experience or, High School diploma with Journeyman mechanic qualifications and 5 or more years of maintenance experience
- Good interpersonal skills including flexibility and ability to work in a team environment.
- Good analytical abilities, organizational skills and good written and verbal communication skills
- Troubleshooting manufacturing equipment, cGMP, and maintenance services experience preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement