Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company! What do you get to do in this position? SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall success of complex multi-function projects. This position will lead teams to deliver products for the Data Center Systems market to customers worldwide. The Project Manager is accountable for project initiation and planning; stakeholder management and communications; driving new product development activities and deliverables to completion; risk management; scope management; and ensuring that project deliverables ultimately meet quality and customer expectations.
This is a great opportunity for someone at the start of their career as a Project Manager! ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Manage projects involving cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new products through the design process, and into a finished state for internal or external customers.
2. Responsible for meeting the scope, schedule, resource and budget commitments reflected in the Project Management Plan.
3. Create and own the Project Management Plan (within the constraints established and approved by the Project Sponsor) to ensure quality on time delivery of the project deliverables
4. Implement and enforce change control over project scope, schedule, resources and budget.
5. Negotiate with functional managers and/or organizational management to obtain adequate resources with appropriate skills to staff the project team.
6. Participate in the timely resolution of issues, help to identify root cause of problem, offer solutions to resolve problems, escalate issues when necessary
7. Continually identify and proactively manage project risks & issues, ensure execution of corrective action plans
8. Monitor the project and report the project status and metrics to management on a regular basis. Qualifications: EDUCATION - MINIMUM REQUIRED LEVEL:
EXPERIENCE - MINIMUM REQUIRED:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS - REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years of experience
- 1 year of project management experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS - DESIRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL :
- Excellent leadership, communications, listening, conflict management and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent decision-making and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- PC software proficiency (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint)
- Basic Financial knowledge
- Work with minimal supervision.
- PMP Certified
- Experience managing hardware development projects or projects for Data Center environment
OTHER KEY CONSIDERATIONS :
- Domestic and international travel as needed
- Think globally and communicate effectively at all levels
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.