Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Offer Quality Engineer – HBN Secure Power
The Offer Quality Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of quality of the APC Uninterruptible Power Supply products within HBN Secure Power. This role requires the ability to work in a highly technical organization while establishing effective and productive partnerships with Research & Development, Global Supply Chain, Regional Operations, Customer Care Centers, Global Repair Centers, as well as our Commercial organization. This position is at the Boston ONE Campus R&D site in Andover, MA and reports to the Business Power Quality Manager.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Monitor field quality metrics and initiate 8D quality projects to implement corrective and preventive actions as part of continuous improvement activities.
· Work with engineering to perform hands-on root cause analysis of returned products.
· Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues through methodical, data driven analysis.
· Support Quality escalations, technical inquiries, and requests from internal and external customers and ensure timely responses and resolution.
· Create Technical Expert Assessment reports to communicate root cause analysis to customers.
· Interface with manufacturing facilities to provide field quality feedback.
· Attend reviews and provide Quality input for projects being developed at the Boston ONE Campus site.
· Provide support for internal and external audits at the Boston ONE Campus site.
· 5-10% travel (domestic / international) for visits to customers, manufacturing facilities, and R&D centers.
· Other duties as assigned.
This job might be for you if you have:
• 1 to 3 years of experience in Quality using analytical skills in root-cause analysis and/or corrective/preventive action development
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills - ability to work well with both technical and non-technical personnel
The following qualifications are also desired:
• Experience with the 8D problem solving method
• Experience working directly with customers to resolve technical issues
• Professional experience troubleshooting electrical or electronic equipment
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead without authority
• Ability to proactively take initiative and complete tasks in a timely manner
• Ability to plan and organize workload under minimal supervision
• Soldering skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
Internal mobility is a top priority at Schneider Electric. If you're looking for your next step or want to try something new, applying for an internal opportunity can help you further develop your career.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is the responsibility of each employee to inform your manager that you're applying for a new internal opportunity. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive electronic notification; you are not guaranteed a call from the recruiting team.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.