Television today spans far beyond the traditional TV set. It's the last few seconds of a basketball game streamed to your iPhone - and all of season two on your tablet. The Clearleap platform as a service allows TV networks, cable and satellite providers, and major studios to offer video on tablets, smart phones, connected TVs and PCs. Ustream is a leading provider of live and on-demand video solutions providing a cloud-based platform that empowers organizations to be more transparent and productive by combining high-quality video streaming, enterprise-grade security, and scalability to reach millions of viewers. Together, these solutions provide the core of the IBM Cloud Video Offerings.
Seeking an expert in the field of video advertising products to lead new initiatives for advertising supported video. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working with video advertising on both the business and technical side. As the video advertising product manager, you will be a subject matter expert within IBM for the state of the video advertising industry and lead IBM's strategy for video advertising products in the IBM Cloud Video unit. You will manage and improve on pre-existing video ad products and will be responsible for growing the revenue of these product lines as well as developing new products for video advertising. The ideal candidate will have relationships and contacts within the video advertising industry to leverage to find business partners and potential customers. Responsibilities:
- Conduct market research and user research to gain insights and inputs for the product roadmap. This includes:
- Researching potential market
- Researching competitors
- Data analysis of existing customer behavior and usage
- Interviews with customers and internal stakeholders
- Develop product plans that clearly define the scope and timeline for development phases and include the specifications the product or feature must meet.
- Establish performance goals and measurement methods for products.
- Socialize product plans within the company and with prospective customers and get buy in from key stakeholders on your plans.
- Communicate throughout the process to key stakeholders to set expectations about the functionality and timelines for your products.
- Work cross functionally with other departments within the company to design, deliver, sell, market and support your products:
- UX team to ensure that all products meet IBM's high standards of usability and customer satisfaction.
- Engineering teams to estimate, prioritize and deliver products and features that meet the specifications and work through technical challenges to deliver the functionality the business and customers demand.
- Customer support team to ensure they are informed well in advance about product changes and releases and be responsive to their feedback from customers about bugs and feature requests.
- Marketing team to plan product releases, messaging, packaging and pricing.
- Sales team to train them on the products, support their sales efforts and gather their feedback from customers and prospects.
- Finance and BI team to establish reporting, cost structures and revenue plans for products.
- Executive team to deliver presentations on performance of products already built and share plans for future products.
- Be the key point of contact and expert on the product throughout the development cycle, the release process and throughout the product's lifetime.
- Monitor the success of the product from a user and business point of view. Develop and execute on plans to continually improve the product.
- Provide recommendations on what resources should be invested in your products, monitor the ROI of your products and facilitate the sunset process for poorly performing products.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.