Office 365 Messaging Engineer (Job Number: 023266)
Corporate Office - 2 OVERLOOK PT
2 OVERLOOK PT
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for the support and administration of the Office 365 environment and all associated tasks, including user management, permissions, coordination of cloud ticketing issues, Active directory Federation Services (ADFS) support as well as support and provisioning of mobile technologies and the documentation of architecture.
Performs and implements assignments that impact important /complicated components/processes of the specified functional area of the Technology operation. Work is received in short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated undertakings and regularly require the application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of approved methods Job Responsibilities
- Performs and implements daily operational activities that impact discrete components / processes of the Technology engineering work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Participating in improvement and monitoring of deployment operations on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Participating in evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Participating in development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of standard and advanced features.
- Participating in development of processes and interface requirements.
- Participating in data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to effectively facilitate elimination of problems / roadblocks as they occur and create efficient fixes.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish activities. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least one year of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar OR High School Diploma/ GED and at least 4 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with an Enterprise messaging Environment.
- Experience developing clear and concise communications of complex processes.
- Experience with Enterprise Level, LDAP/AD/ADFS
- Experience with mobile device technologies.
- At least 7 years of experience in an Exchange architecture role within an Exchange 2003/2007/2010 messaging environment.
- Messaging development experience
- Strong working knowledge of networking architectures and protocols including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP,POP, IMAP, HTTP(S), and LDAP/AD/ADFS
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and automation techniques in a Windows environment
- Experience with Lync/OCS/Unified Messaging (UM)
- Experience communicating with and presenting to various audiences (work group, team, company management, external audiences) including presenting and defending design work).
- Experience working with specialists from other disciplines such as Designers and Developers.
- Experience with Lync/OCS/Unified Messaging (UM)
- Experience with Office 365/BPOS-D
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.