has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a full-time Office Assistant
. You must be able to make decisions and work independently within a team atmosphere. You must be detail oriented, accurate, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Office hours: 8 am – 5 pm, with extended hours during peak season
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Handle customer phone calls, walk in traffic and direct patrons to appropriate personnel.
- Process invoices, transfer documents and perform data entry into proprietary company systems.
- Handle direct payments, reconcile credit card receipts and prepare deposits.
- Maintain a full understanding of company products and services.
- Work with vendors and customers in a professional manner.
- Work with sensitive material and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Provide clear office communication with location managers, board members, and patrons.
- Offer support to the credit department as needed.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Order office supplies and maintain a clean office.
- Perform other office duties as assigned.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business demands.
- Travel occasionally.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Effective communication skills, ability to listen and follow instruction, and facilitate information with others.
- Time Management
- Typing Skills
- Documentation and note taking skills
- Detailed Oriented
- Office experience
- Professional phone etiquette
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Farming background/ understanding
- Familiar with accounting software
- Agriculture/Fertilizer experience
- Ten Key
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.